Join The VB Team: We're Seeking Community Contributors
At VentureBreak, the other writers and I put a lot of effort into making the site as awesome as possible. We spend a great deal of time perfecting our content, so there are always stories we can’t cover, products we can’t review, and startups we can’t profile.
We want VentureBreak to be a community site. We don’t want to limit our team to such a small number of writers and editors. We want to give you a voice. If you’re passionate about technology and want to share with the world, you could be perfect for our team, and we’d love to hear from you.
As a member of the team, you’ll get:
- Your own author account which gives you access to the WordPress dashboard.
- A bio with a link to your site on your author page.
- An audience of tech enthusiasts, entrepreneurs, and investors in the tech industry (see statistics here).
- Comments and thoughts from our community.
- Access to exclusive news and review units.
- The opportunity to work with our extremely talented and tech-savvy team of writers.
- Editorial freedom—you can post whatever you want (within reason) without fear of having it edited or taken down.
- An @venturebreak.com email address, if you want one.
These are the positions we’re looking to fill. You may fit into more than one, which would be great.
- News writer – You’ll be reporting the latest news in the tech industry.
- Review writer – You’ll be reviewing hardware, software, etc.
- Feature/opinion writer – You’ll be writing longer, opinionated pieces that tie into technology or culture.
- Startup writer – You’ll be profiling and reviewing web startup companies, interviewing entrepreneurs, and covering things like fundings and exits.
- Other – If you have an idea for another position, we’d love to hear it. We love series too.
Being a member of the VB team takes commitment. You need to be able to dedicate some of your time to your contributions.
- You’ll be expected to write at least one article per week.
- You must read comments on your articles (within reason), and reply to those that require a response.
- The content you post here must be 100% original, and may not be published elsewhere.
We are working very hard to turn VentureBreak into a business. I expect to be paying every writer fairly within the next year, but right now we’re looking for people to write off of pure passion. If you join the team now to accelerate our growth, you will secure yourself a spot on the payroll.
If you’re interested, please contact me by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Let me know what positions(s) would suit you best and why you think you’d be a good fit. Samples of your work would be appreciated.
We look forward to hearing from you!