The Sims 4 Cheat Codes
Cheat codes have become hard to come by in recent years. Not with The Sims, though: its fourth iteration at 14 years of age is one of the few games that still openly permit the use of cheat codes.
These are the cheats we know about. Let us know in the comments below if we’re missing anything!
To enter these codes, press Ctrl+Shift+C on a Windows PC or Cmd+Shift+C on a Mac. This will open the cheat console, where you’ll type in the code and hit enter for each cheat.
Brackets indicate that you’ll need to customize the cheat code.
- kaching — Adds §1,000 to the household funds.
- rosebud — Adds §1,000 to the household funds.
- motherlode — Adds §50,000 to the household funds.
- help — Displays all available commands
- money <amount> — Allows you to set an exact amount for household funds
- death.toggle [true|false] — Turns death on or off entirely in the game
- freeRealEstate [on|off] — Only available in the neighbourhood; removes pricing from all lots
- resetSim [FirstName] [LastName] — Resets the named Sim
- headlineEffects [on|off] — Turns on or off all plumbobs, thought balloons and other overhead elements
- sims.modify_in_cas — Allows you to edit in Create-A-Sim
- sims.Spawn — Spawns a Sim and adds them to your hosehold
- sims.spawnsimple — Spawns a Sim and doesn’t add them to your household
- aspirations.complete_current_milestone — Completes the current milestone for the selected Sim
- objects.consumables_infinite_toggle [true|false] — Household consumables are now an infinite supply
- households.autopay_bills — Automatically pays household bills
- sims.remove_all_buffs — Resets your Sim’s mood to neutral
The Sims 4 also has shift-click cheats, which appear as opions when you hold the Shift key while clicking on a Sim or object. To enable shift-click cheats, type “testingcheats true” into the cheat console.
Shift-click on Sim:
- Reset Object — Resets the selected Sim
- Add to Family — Adds the selected Sim to the current household
- Cheat Motive, — Make Happy Fills all bars and gives selected Sim a happy mood
- Cheat Motive, — Enable Motive Decay Motives behave normally
- Cheat Motive, — Disable Motive Decay Motives freeze
- Modify in CAS — Edit selected Sim in Create-a-Sim, except for his or her name and inherited traits
Shift-click on object:
- Reset Object — Resets the object
- Make Dirty — The object will become dirty
- Make Clean — The object will become clean
Shift-click on ground:
- Teleport Sim — Teleports a Sim to the selected point