iOS 8.0.1 Coming Soon To Fix Bugs In iOS 8
Apple has already put together a fix for some problems discovered in iOS 8, according to MacRumors.
Citing an anonymous source, MacRumors said that an iOS 8.0.1 update addresses several bugs, including:
- Call forwarding problems and freezing when opening visual voicemail
- Keypad not showing up to enter iCloud Keychain verification codes
- Videos sometimes not playing on Safari
- AirDrop support for Passbook passes
- Installation of VPN profiles
iOS 8 dropped last Wednesday with several new features and improvements. But it didn’t take long for some users to start reporting problems.
The update will likely patch other bugs beyond the list above, according to MacRumors.
Apple had apparently been readying iOS 8.0.1 before it launched iOS 8, as the update has already been sent to mobile carrier partners for testing. The release date is still unknown.
Last year, Apple released iOS 7.0.1 just a few days after iOS 7, and iOS 7.0.2 less than a week after that.